Things have been a little hectic of late, but our 12 DIYs of Christmas are nearly complete.
I started this goal of accomplishing 12 nagging tasks with every confidence I’d finish them all of without issue. But as DIYs tend to go, several little things got it in the way of successfully completing all 12 prior to Christmas January 6th, the official 12th day of Christmas.
A very rainy week of weather kept me from making adjustments to our garden gate to allow it to close without sticking. This was supposed to be DIY #12. I’m waiting for a bit of dry weather that’s over 40 degrees for a little while, which may not be for some time. And frustrations with our attic furnace have kept me from finishing up DIY #9, the install of our new thermostat. At this point I’ve even replaced a few parts on the furnace in an attempt to resolve the fact the thermostat isn’t getting 24 volts of power over the common wire as the wiring diagram suggests it should. Let’s just say, I’m very familiar with this diagram now.
It’s been a frustrating couple of projects to say the least. However, and this is a big however, we were able to get DIY 10 and 11 wrapped up before the January 6th deadline. These were both located at our new house, and both were shockingly boring in comparison to a major event that happened when we were there last weekend working on these projects. That’s because, we officially met our neighborhood pig!
Yes, it’s true, she’s amazing! We don’t know her name yet, but we’re going with Petunia until we learn it. I’ll let Wendy fill you in on more details about her next week.