Position Title: Shipping & Order Fulfillment Lead
We are so excited to announce that we’re hiring! Our small but mighty team is looking for a full time shipping and order fulfillment captain who is ready and willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes for our thriving small business. This is a fast-paced, bustling farm environment and everyone is expected to go above and beyond, no matter the task. This position will start in November/December for holiday shipping. It will shift into farm and office support during slower shipping times and then return to normal during our busy shop season. At Floret, everyone’s job description is diverse and ever changing, but we work together as a tight knit team to reach big goals. This is not a typical job environment. We are looking for someone who is dynamic, committed, eager and ready to help us refine our shipping operation.
Qualifications & skills:
- 3+ years customer service experience
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Great attention to detail and strong commitment to excellence
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Solid interpersonal strengths; team oriented and outgoing with proven ability to organize and motivate others
- Computer savvy with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Self starting; inherently motivated and driven to continually improve performance
- Capable of working a consistent schedule with the ability to work overtime during peak times
- Must be able to work in a warehouse/farm environment in Mount Vernon, Washington
- Healthy and energetic with stamina for long days in a physical job environment
- Open minded, inclusive and respectful of all walks of life
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have a current driver’s license and clean driving record
Our ideal candidate:
- Never leaves a job unfinished and has exceptional follow through
- Does what they say they are going to do and asks for help when they need it
- Is not overwhelmed or dissuaded by problems, but instead looks for solutions and permanent fixes
- Is proactive and anticipates future needs
- Has an extremely high level of personal responsibility
- Approaches life with optimism and assumes the very best in people
- Loves flowers and has a deep appreciation for nature
- Loves children and animals
- Is cool headed, grounded and reasonable
- Has a great sense of humor and is not easily offended
- Bilingual, Spanish speaker a plus
- Experience with e-commerce, Shipstation and Shopify, a plus
Tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Packing and shipping orders on a daily basis
- Handling a large volume of order related customer service emails
- Processing returns and refunds
- Managing inventory
- Collaborating with team to optimize shop and shipping processes
- Ordering product and shipping related supplies
- Receiving and processing supply orders
- Overseeing a small crew during big shipping surges
- Farm and office support during slow shop times
- Other duties as assigned
To apply, fill out our application and have these 5 items ready to upload:
- A PDF resume, no more than two pages.
- A PDF cover letter, no more than one page, introducing yourself and outlining why you’d be a great addition to our team.
- A photo of yourself.
- Strengthsfinder test results. We see great value in playing to a person’s strengths and supporting their areas of weakness. To apply for this job, you are required to take the Strengthsfinder test and share your results with us. You can do this one of two ways: Purchase the book Strengthsfinder 2.0. In the back of the book you will have an access code to take the test online. OR Purchase the Top 5 Clifton Strengths Access test online.
- Answers to this exercise – Ask 3 people that you respect:
- When have you seen me really shine?
- What do you think is my greatest strength?
- When do you feel I am at my best?
Deadline for applications is November 8th. We will be contacting all applicants with our final decision by December 15th. We would love your help in spreading the word, so please feel free to share this with anyone you think might be a great fit. We are so excited to grow our team!